INTERIORS: Ticona to Present Appearance and Structural ETPs at Wards Interiors Conference
Thursday, May 10th, 2012
Ticona, a sponsor of Automotive Newswire, is showcasing its portfolio of appearance and structural thermoplastics for automotive cockpit interior applications at the WardsAuto Interiors Conference on Thursday, May 17, at The Henry Hotel in Dearborn, Mich.
The Ticona exhibit will highlight:
· MetaLx metal-effect and molded-in-color polymers that allow companies to achieve appealing designs, and lower costs
· Celstran long fiber reinforced thermoplastics (LFRT) for visible surface components with a Class A finish
Ticona advanced polymer technologies are producing innovative materials that meet the technical and color and appearance requirements for automotive cockpit interiors.
The Ticona portfolio of high-performance engineering polymers for the cockpit environment, including trim pieces, seating, safety, pedal and gear shift systems, instrument panels and air conditioning components, consists of:
· Celanex thermoplastic polyester (PBT)
· Celstran and Compel long fiber reinforced thermoplastics (LFRT)
· Celstran continuous fiber reinforced thermoplastics (CFR-TP)
· Hostaform / Celcon acetal copolymer (POM)
· Riteflex thermoplastic polyester elastomer (TPC-ET)
· Vandar thermoplastic polyester alloys (PBT)
If you liked this article, you might find these interesting too...
- HERE WE GO AGAIN: Chinese Want to Buy Fisker with a Surprise - 05-22-2013
- TRADE: U.S. Automakers Seek Harmonized Safety Regs with Europe - 05-21-2013
- PLASTICS: SABIC Opens Compounding Center in Jubail - 05-21-2013
- NATURAL GAS: Will New Gas Resource Help to Fuel Passenger Cars? Maybe Not - 05-20-2013
- LIGHTING: Magneti Marelli Completes China Lighting Plant - 05-20-2013
- NOT A SAAB STORY: Where is a Saab Not a Saab? In China - 05-17-2013